Sunday, October 30, 2011

C'est L'Halloween

I never feel more joy than when I'm thigh deep in pumpkin guts.
I plan to celebrate this very spooky occasion this year by carving 5 (count 'em, 5!) pumpkins.
(See how excited he is to be carved)
If there is one thing in life that I am confident in my abilities in, it is carving designs into hollow squash. (other than my play-doh wielding skills of course)
This year myself (an owl) my sister (a pirate) and my stinky puppy (a dragon) will be handing out piles of teeth rotting deliciousness all night on my porch.
You may be surprised to find out that Halloween isn't all about dressing (or undressing) as some sultry version of a usually cute/vicious/disease-infested woodland creature.
Yes, I am being a woodland creature as well, but I promise my costume is very unflattering and would fit the dress code of a convent.
After the weekend of partying, taking off your wig two drinks in due to your uncontrollable perspiration, and giving that guy dressed as The Joker your number (or was it that guy dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow?)...
Take Monday night to appreciate the more PG side of Halloween; give out candy, eat what's left at the end of the night and watch Hocus Pocus. (yes that is Sarah Jessica Parker. No she did not need a prosthetic nose to look like an evil 300 year old witch)

No comments:

Post a Comment