Thursday, October 6, 2011

Election Day in Ontario

So today is the day that all those commercials, pamphlets, news articles, and CHCH broadcasts have been leading up to - ELECTION DAY! 
(voting ballot, it's hard to write words in play-doh) 
If your anything like me, then you are just as confused about which party to pick as to which Kardashian sister is which.
I'm not going to lie, I'm not even entirely sure what this election is for. (Didn't we just have one?)
Beyond the politics, the parties, the seats, and the majorities vs. minorities I want to know what the outcome of this election means for myself and my city.
When it comes to politics I have always felt indifferent.
In my twenty-three years living in Hamilton, elections come and elections go, and I have seen little change in the city I grew up in (other than the HSR buses, they have bike racks now).
At least not for the better, I don't remember being asked for so much spare change on the street until recent years.
What can these leaders do to make the way I experience life in this province different?
Will they... make bus fare cheaper? Make post-secondary education free? Build even more Wal-Marts? Create more jobs? Put a Forever 21 in Limeridge Mall (fingers crossed ladies)? Invest in making our downtown core more attractive? Give us young professionals more reasons to not leave our city for greener pastures? Make pumpkin pie Hamilton's official food?
The polls are open until this evening, take this opportunity to research which party's "promises" would enhance your life, your city, and your province in a way you can be proud of.  
Happy Voting!


No comments:

Post a Comment